Offices in Flemington, Morristown and Manhattan
Lawyers Handling Sexual Discrimination, Workplace Discrimination and Other Employment Claims
If you are involved in a dispute with your current or former employer, this is probably a turbulent time for you. At the Law Offices of William J. Courtney, LLC, we understand that you want to move on with your life. We are here to help you efficiently move through the legal process, protect your rights and achieve the best outcome. We have a great deal of experience and a strong track record in representing employees who have been mistreated by their employers.
Our founding attorney, William J. Courtney, is a Master in the Sidney Reitman Employment Law American Inn of Court, the only organization dedicated exclusively to the practice of labor and employment law.
Our experienced team will provide you with a realistic assessment of your case and help you make effective decisions. We can handle all employment law matters for plaintiffs, including:
- Discrimination claims: It is illegal to discriminate in employment based on disability, race, gender, age or national origin.
- ADA claims: The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations for disabled employees.
- Sexual harassment claims: These claims typically involve some form of bribery for sexual favors in exchange for a promotion, a raise or another work-related benefit, inappropriate jokes, images or e-mails, sexual comments and innuendos, or unwanted physical contact.
- Whistleblower actions, including CEPA claims: In New Jersey, the Conscientious Employee Protection Act (CEPA) protects employees from retaliation for refusing to participate in illegal activities or reporting an employer for violating the law.
- Wrongful termination claims: If you were terminated in violation of the law or an employment contract, you may be able to obtain compensation and hold your employer responsible through a wrongful termination claim.
We also assist managerial employees in the negotiation of employment contracts, and we provide aggressive representation for plaintiffs involved in disputes over the following types of contracts and agreements:
- Non-competition agreements/restrictive covenants
- Confidentiality agreements
- Separation agreements and releases
- Severance packages
- Executive contracts
Contact our Hunterdon County employment law lawyers to find out if you have a claim. Many people believe they have legitimate wrongful termination or other employment-related claims, but they cannot know for certain unless they consult with a knowledgeable attorney.
To discuss your family or employment law matter with one of our lawyers in free initial consultation, call toll free 877-687-7559. You can also contact us online and we will reply promptly. We serve clients in Hunterdon County, throughout New Jersey, New York City and Pennsylvania. Our offices are in Flemington, Morristown and Manhattan.